In an age dominated by technology and the internet, only 18% of companies consider themselves paperless. In fact, nearly a third of companies are buying more paper than they were 5 years ago. Businesses in the United States spend $8 billion annually on managing paper. Workers are spending up to half of their time looking for paper information each year. 41% of HR personnel spend over 10 minutes a day searching for the documents and information they need to carry out their jobs. Of these, half spend more than 20 minutes! Lucky, STAC is one of the few companies offering a solution, going digital.
The STAC system offers a central location for all employee information: training, personnel information, drug test, emergency contact information, employee reviews, clothing sizes, etc. Here are some specific benefits to better organization through digital records:
1) Cost Savings: Simply switching to digital records could save a company upwards of $325,000 in 10 years from cost and materials.
2) Space Savings: Think about the space you are currently using for paper records; do you think that is going to get any smaller in the future?
3) Disaster Proof: A digital cloud based profile is immune to disasters such as hurricane, fire, or flood that could destroy paper records forever.
4) Security Protection: Filing cabinets not locked, files left in the wrong spot or left on the printer makes employee information vulnerable. Digital records provide a secure access and ease of mind.
5) Easily Searchable: Instead of shifting through paper records, an employee could simply go to a profile and quickly search through for the documentation.
6) Easily Shareable: Easily share the information with other people as needed without having to copy anything.
7) Ease of Use: Employees are working on the go more than ever. Don’t have them tied down to paper records stuck at the office.